View Profile JessieYun

All 85 Audio Reviews

53 w/ Responses

I seriously can't put a feet near your composition range, this is amazing.

This is quite an interesting podcast! It was great to hear the stories from Troisnyx -- she is such a talented friend. I really look forward to listening to more episodes in the future!

Aww, this sounds kinda cute, beautiful, and relaxing in a way! I can hear the breeze of the trees nearby. Very well done!

AlbeGian responds:

Thank you Jess, I'm glad you liked it! <3

This is sick overall, and especially I just love those brass! Probably making the BPM a liiiitle bit faster might work a bit better... But other than that, this is super cool.

F-777 responds:

I did get the feedback from a lot of people in this past year about the BPM (ya took me forever to post) but i tried faster and it wasn't T-rex anymore XD.

So ya im used to fast bpm and most my songs will be but i did try all the tweaks.
This one worked best but in the end its kinda not mainstream to do a EDM track this slow without being melodies. (example alan walker)

Thanks so friggin much for the review!!!

Just remember....Raptors were fast. T-rex's wernt.
I could be wrong about this but im pretty sure the T-rex line died out. it was trying to become a bird like other species managed to do over millions of years.

Still my 2nd idol of dinosaurs tho. Raptors being #1.

Music, the art of time. Your track reminded me of that theme. The sound effects of clock ticking is a top notch there. It has a little bit of Hans Zimmer vibe in there as well. But it might have been better to have it more louder & bigger climax. It's a bit weak. But I enjoyed it. Well done.

It's beautiful. Very well done!

Troisnyx responds:

Thank you; and well done yourself for Liora's tracks -- we'll all hear them soon enough~

= This is the official review of ABFH Remix Contest. =

Badass judge here. Before I begin (like I would say to every participants here) that my opinion could be very personal to you. I’ve scored everyone as objective as possible, but my personal opinions have to be included. So please be advised.

Okay. The piano intro and the pad with vocals was decent but a good start. . . Until I was pretty surprised by that low hum starting 1:04. That was a very good addition, well done. . . Until that chips arpeggio pretty distracted the mood, I think that wasn’t the best choice for that good atmosphere. The riser at 1:37 probably wasn’t the best choice for adding in a quiet progression too. But you certainly surprised me at 1:47. Very good sound design & production there, it needs a bit more mastering, but that’s just it on that one. Structure is overall solid, nice setting of emotion there as well. It was also good that you tried to keep the original version alive during the last half. Just a minor stuff, but it would probably have been better if you could finish up the vocals at 4:58 rather than just cut it off. But still, pretty solid and nice work overall.

Good job. Best of luck on your submission.

= This is the official review of ABFH Remix Contest. =

Straight to the point, the beginning sound a bit weird. It’s very unique, I can see that you tried to modified Troisnyx’s vocals. It sounded quite unpleasant to my ears personally, but still you get high points in sound design for that, objectively. The rap part is very well done, that part is pretty top-notch. But the lyrics are not… What I’ve expected. Might not the best fit for what this contest was aiming for, like Troisnyx said. Structure was smooth, emotion was out of our track but strong.

Nice job on it. Best of luck on your submission.

DarkHorseOrchestra responds:

Yeah I wished I took more time in processing her vocals. As for the lyrics, was looking to completely change up the remix from the original

= This is the official review of ABFH Remix Contest. =

Badass judge here. Before I begin (like I would say to every participants here) I would like to say that my opinion could be very personal to you. I’ve scored everyone as objective as possible, but my personal opinions have to be included. So please be advised.

Good start there. Pretty decent start as compared to the original song, but still. Unfortunately I didn’t liked that riser in 0:16. It’s chiptune, I got it. But it was kinda distracting for me in my opinion. After that it was not bad. Good instruments choices, various melodies keeping you from getting disturbed, and the tone itself was good, so emotion points will rise up from there. Nice job. Pretty smooth structure as well. Overall it was a pretty decent song without vocals (which I was expecting to pop up from somewhere at least once), so unfortunately lower scores on that. Also the ending needs more mixing, I think the lead is too loud.

But I enjoyed it overall, good job on it. Best of luck on your submission.

= This is the official review of ABFH Remix Contest. =

Alright. Going straight into the point. I really don’t know if the chip melody that playback the vocals was the best option you can get. If you had more smoother synths, it might be better. The instruments you’ve used was pretty limited, although it wasn’t easily recognizable. The organ was also a good touch, you've earned some points in uniqueness. Good work on that part. And overall, the structure is very smoothly done, you have lots of good variations. Very good job on that. Although unfortunately I really had to frown my face during the humming part (1:25-1:45), the slight discord of both the vocals and your background music didn’t harmonized each other. Mixing was pretty decent, although I think the bass sounds a little bit too loud & deep, as well as with the drums. In a result, it muffled everything, especially at the final climax.

Good job though, best of luck on your submission.

I make all kinds of stuff, but usually I compose music. Be sure to take a look at my cover photo, it will explain what will come next. It changes through time!

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!