View Profile JessieYun

27 Movie Reviews

This is amazing, I really can see all the effort and passion to complete this project. Big kudos to all the animators, your work is shining real bright through this collaboration!

Although it seems a bit like a rough sketch and 100% unfinished, this is amazing, especially since (it seems) you're starting out in animation. Very short story, but interesting characters with smooth animation! I really liked the music too. Well done!

IncendiaryStarfish responds:

yeah, hopefully I'll have better time management for the next animation, thank you very much!!

That is very good, very smooth animation. It really made me nervous if the bartender cat could make the drink in time.

5 Game Reviews

Why is this frontpaged? Can someone explain?

HOLY GOD I didn't know I'd find this game on Newgrounds! I loved this game SO MUCH when I was little, and I played in the Korean Version! It's so nostalgic, love this game.

Well, well, well. The next generation of Tic Tac Toe.

93 Audio Reviews

Sounds like it's from a fairytale soundtrack, very simple and memorable melodies. Beautiful!

Gives kinda "Married Life" vibe from Up film haha. Very nice chords, beautiful piece!

Everratic responds:

= THIS IS AN OFFICIAL AIM JUDGE REVIEW =

This is based on my own AIM scoreboard alongside with first impression when I first clicked on your track, which is very important for your new listeners who will listen to your future tracks. For Upside/Downside reviews, I listened to your track twice to pinpoint a bit more, the scores(points) are from listening only once. Take this review as a grain of salt, please don't take this personally. I don't want to tore anyone down, I want them to become stronger. The judges have different views on your same track, so just take it as another point of view. Like I mentioned in the AIM Discussion Thread, a badass judge here, giving you a constructive review.

'Comments' section on the overall track (From Scoreboard) : N/A (I'm very sorry, I haven't got the time to write it down for you.)

Upside AND Downside:
Basically in my headphones, it was very comfortable to listen, very nice mixing among the contestants in my opinion. No clippings, clean instruments, full-sounding synths and bass, nice drums. The melody was not very memorable unfortunately, but you did a good job with variations, so there was at least something to explore in this track. The interaction with the artwork was very nice too, connecting nicely with the cyberpunk night feeling from both the artwork and the music. The chord progression overall wasn't bothersome, but I don't like the chord progression in 3:12 section, I think you could create better root chords in that melody. Need specific pinpoints? The most "meh" chord I found (in my ears) was in 3:32 and 3:36 (honestly that one was tolerable, but the next one is not good imo), going further into 3:38-3:41. That really perked up my alarm ears. And overall, the music doesn't seem to tell the story. Like... It does goes on with musical sentences, but it doesn't have a specific idea of what this music is about. If it had some kind of musical storytelling based on the artwork, your score could have been much more higher. Congratulations on making into my Top 20, nonetheless.

ETA : I forgot to mention, you gotta fix that click sound at the beginning.
_________________

SCOREBOARD WITH DETAILS

Art Interaction : 2/3
As I said, the relation with the artwork and the music was nicely fit, but only mood itself, not the story.

Overall Music : 3/4
Comfortable mixing, nice instrumentations, and good variations. The score clearly cut off in some uneven chord progressions and not very memorable melodies, as I've mentioned.

Structure & Variation : 3/4
Good variations, telling you thrice haha. The drums are bit repetitive though, and it doesn't have a very surprising variations, but you had good general structure so nice work on that, nonetheless.

Mixing & Mastering : 2.5/3
Honestly, there's no participant who eventually received a perfect score, so consider yours as the highest score among the contestants. For you, the reason I took 0.5 away was the mid-range sounded a bit squeaky, there's bit of a too much compression/EQ, I think.

Instrumentation : 1/1
Nice instrumentation, as I said. Perfect score on that one.

Total : 11.5/15

10 Art Reviews

Trois, thank you so much for working on this, this looks great!

I agree with rejectdoodles, you should change your rating.

RaydioJD responds:

it was an accident!!

This is splendid. I love their acting inside the drawing. This one is going into my favs!

HugoVRB responds:

Thank you Jessie!! Im glad you like it :)

I make all kinds of stuff, but usually I compose music. Be sure to take a look at my cover photo, it will explain what type of project/music will come next. It changes through time!

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!